Frieda Grotjahn, a native of Stuttgart, Germany, makes her home in Gloucester with her husband and two sons.
Frieda was drawn to this historic seaside fishing community by its unique character, its history, beauty and its people. These special qualities were an integral part of the inspiration for her unique totes, which she is happy to offer to you here.
Each of Frieda's bags is handcrafted, and are a perfect reflection of her sense of style, practicality and concern for the Earth.
These European styled tote, messenger and hand bags are made from recycled sail cloth. They are both fanciful and functional, stylish and practical.
And each bag makes its owner feel special.
Acknowledgements and Thanks go out to:
* Lisa Bruce and Wendy McGrath for sewing the bags so beautifully
* Niki Bogin from East Gloucester Herbs who keeps me healthy
* Laurie Fleming from Streamline Strength who keeps my back in shape
* Tracy and Erika who walk with me at 5 in the morning
* Erika Hansen from Cape Ann Business Incubatar for her support and encouragement
* Catherine Henry, for her great support
* Claire Sanford, who helped us with the Mentor Program to get in the Craft Boston Show
* John Doyle for protecting me from the IRS
* Sarah Grow for the beautiful pictures of the bags
* Jill Buchahan for making this website so perfect
* Kelly Jacklin for helping to start Again and Again
* Alexandra from Alexandra's Bread, who was the first to sell the bags in her shop
* My family and all my friends who supporting and helping me.
The support of the Gloucester community made this adventure possible. Also inspired us to create a collection of products you can not find elsewere.